Monday, January 21, 2013

Why should I go to CPC?

If you are in Children's Ministry, hopefully you have the opportunity to go to a conference yearly, or even every couple years. There are a lot of conferences out there, and they all cost quite a bit to attend and travel. I'm going to give you just 3 reasons (I could give more, and may later) why I think your money is well spent at CPC.

1) Unmatched training opportunities. I have never seen a conference with the sheer number of breakouts that are offered. This year there were 8 breakout sessions and many different options offered at each. Whether you are looking for how to do puppets better or how to connect with families, or how to lead more effectively, there will be something every breakout session that will help you. I took a team this year, and they all came back excited with fresh tools to use in our church. I could never have afforded to bring that type of training, from such highly qualified presenters, into our church.

2)Networking--I have been to a lot of conferences, and Michael Chanley and crew have taken a conference that I felt was always a good place to network, and made it even better. From the Networking Launch party (which is especially good if you don't already know anybody) to the Networking lunches, and even the cool bracelets that helped you identify people who have a similar calling as you, this is one of the best things about CPC.

3)Resource Center--The resource center at CPC is the largest and most diverse I have seen at a Children's Ministry conference (other than maybe Roger Fields' CMX) and you can get lost in the place. It is worth spending hours talking to all the different vendors and seeing all the cool things people are coming up with to help you in your ministry.

If you have not signed up for CPC San Diego and can do it, it is well worth it. If not, start planning to attend CPC in Orlando or Orange County next year!

No comments: